A Learn-to-Code Board Game!
Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM).
Inspire primary children in STEM with this early coding board game. Engaging game play follows the same screen-free concept as our award-winning Code & Go Robot Mouse.
A screen-free way to introduce coding.
Game play provides real STEM learning for young children.
Provides a basic introduction to early coding concepts:
- Step coding
Develops critical thinking skills & encourages problem solving skills.
Game box includes:
- Colourful game board
- 90 coding cards: 40 forward, 20 right turn, 20 left turn, 10 reverse and 12 cheese wedges
- Eight game cards: four “super mouse” and four “warp zones”
- Eight Maze walls and stands
- Four robot mice models
- One die
Coding cards will help young learners visualise their coded sequence.
Game board measures 40.5cm x 40.5cm
For 2-4 players.
How to play
- Each player selects a mouse and places it in its coloured corner of the game board
- Give each player a Super Mouse card
- Players take turns rolling the die and selecting that number of coding cards
- Encourage players to lay out their coding cards in a sequence to map their mouse’s path. The path should take them closer to the cheese!
- Players then move their mouse according to the steps in that sequence
- If a mouse lands on some cheese, that player takes it
- Players clear their cards after each sequence ready for their next go
- Play continues until all cheese wedges have been collected
- The player who collects the most cheese is the winner
Enhance the game play with:
- Maze walls – roll these on the die and place a wall anywhere you want on the game board to block your opposition
- Warp zone spots – instantly jump to another warp zone spot in one move if it will benefit you
- Super mouse – Can be used only once in a game! Use this card to jump over a maze wall
Recommended for ages: 5 - 9 years