Money Bags Coin Value Gameby Learning Resources
Familiarise children with money as they play!
Develop coin value recognition and early financial awareness with this engaging board game. Players earn money as they move around the board completing common household chores.
Simple game play is ideal for developing a variety of basic money-related numeracy skills:
- Coin value recognition
- Early financial awareness
- Counting money
- Money-themed equivalency skills
As players travel around the board they will earn money by completing common household chores.
Players take their earnings from the Money Bag bank in specified coin values.
Game play is suitable for the whole family to enjoy
Game box includes 74 pieces:
- Colourful game board, die and spinner
- Four player pieces
- 67 HM treasury approved play money coins (12x 1p, 10 each of 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p and 50p pieces and 5x £1coins)
Game board measures 43cm x 43cm.
For 2 – 4 players.
How to play
- Setup the game as per the instructions
- Place the player pieces on the start space
- Each player rolls the die and moves that number of spaces around the game board
- Each space shows a household chore and the amount earnt
- Once on a space the player needs to spin the spinner to determine which coin values to use when taking their pay from the bank
- Watch out for the £ and Bank Exchanges spaces for additional activities
- Game play ends when the first person crosses the finish line
- The winner is the player with the most money when the game ends, not the player to cross the line first!
Recommended for ages: 5 - 9 years