2-Row (20-Bead) Rekenrek Counting Frameby Learning Resources
Use this 20-bead rekenrek counting frame to support the EYFS maths curriculum in helping children build solid number sense for the numbers 1-20.
Because it combines three maths teaching resources in one – counters, a number line, and base ten – it’s ideal for incorporating into schemes of work as children learn to count, add and subtract, and subitise.
Each row has 10 beads (5 red and 5 white) which gives students a visual way of anchoring numbers to 5 and 10.
The sturdy wooden rack measures 23cm L and is an ideal size for students to use at their desks.
This sturdy rekenrek maths counting frame gives students hands-on and visual ways to build number sense for the numbers 1-20.
- The colour coded beads on each row offers students a visual way to anchor numbers by 5 and 10 when solving simple equations.
- The beads are easy to group and slide which allows students to come up with computational strategies for solving simple maths problems.
- Also available is our Magnetic Demonstration 20-Bead Rekenrek (sold separately) which is ideal for teachers to use while students use the 2-Row Rekenrek Counting Frame at their desks.
- This sturdy calculating frame provides young learners with a visual model to help them discover number relationships.
- Arithmetic rack helps develop a variety of primary maths skills, including number bonds and counting.
The calculating tool helps children to discover a variety of addition & subtraction strategies such as:
- Plus or minus one
- Making 10!
The Rekenrek also develops computational skills.
- Rack measures 23cm L x 7cm W x 7.5cm H.
Maths - Number:
- Counts reliably with numbers from one to 20, places them in order and says which number is one more or less than a given number
- Uses quantities and objects, adds and subtracts two single-digit numbers and count on or back to find the answer
- Solves problems, including doubling, halving and sharing
National Curriculum Reference:
- Year 1+: Maths – Number
Recommended for Ages: 5 - 9 years