Magnetic Demonstration Percent Bar
Percent Bar gives teachers a colourful resource to demonstrate the concept of percentages in a tangible way.
Use the colour-coded pieces ranging in size from five to 50% to construct a percentage on the bar and guide students on strategies to work out problems involving part unknown, percent unknown and whole unknown.
Colour segments can be put together to represent any percentage as a whole.
Use the colour-coded percent pieces to help students visualise as they learn about the abstract concept of percentage.
- Guides students in strategies to work out percentage problems involving part unknown, percent unknown and whole unknown.
- Use the colour-coded percent pieces to construct a percentage on the bar and use a dry-erase marker (not included) on the write-on/wipe-off background to show your work.
- Set includes a base, 2x 50% strips, 4x 25% strips, 5x 20% strips, 10x 10% strips, 10x 5% strips which can be put together to relate to any percentage as a whole.
- Includes Getting Started guide with four activities.
- Also available in student-sized Percent Bar Paddle Boards Set of Four.
- The Magnetic Demonstration Set measures 31cm L x 4cm H.
Recommended for ages: 8 - 12 years