Learning Xylophoneby Learning Resources
Early learners will have hours of fun developing their key skills with this musical activity set while developing their gross motor skills too!
Interactive activity set includes four-piece xylophone for early years fun.
Attractive set encourages a variety of key early learning skills:
- Colour recognition
- Number recognition
- Understanding of sounds
Each piece features two numbers (1-8) and two musical plates.
Each plate creates a different sound when hit with the drumsticks.
- Playing the xylophone develops gross motor skills.
- Extend the learning with imaginative play opportunities.
- Young learners can piece together the xylophone in different ways to experiment with sounds.
- Lining numbers in the correct order creates the perfect pitch.
- A semi-circle layout measures 33cm D.
- Set includes eight musical plates on four xylophone pieces and two drumsticks.
- Expressive Arts & Design – Exploring using media & materials
- Explores and learns how sounds can be changed
- Explores the different sounds of instruments
- Expressive Arts & Design – Being imaginative
- Taps out simple repeated rhythms
Maths – Space, Shape & Measure:
- Recognises, creates and describes patterns
Recommended for ages: 2 - 6 years