Nancy B, a real-life scientist has designed a range of child-friendly science tools that will inspire curiosity in young minds.
Attractive set provides an introduction to using scientific equipment.
Easy-to-use tools encourage children to work independently.
Suggested experiments encourage learners to:
- Make discoveries about bacteria
- Watch bacteria grow
- Count bacteria colonies
- Learn about different germs
- Develop an understanding of how germs impact them and the food they eat
Encourages observation and recording data skills as children note their findings in the journal.
Includes everything needed to learn about microbes:
- 4 plastic petri dishes
- 250ml round-bottomed flask with volume markings
- Flask stopper featuring hole
- Spreader for spreading bacteria
- Sturdy waterproof colony counter grid
- 8x magnification loupe
- Plastic tweezers
- Latex-free gloves
- Packet of nutrient agar
- 22 page activity journal
Includes recipe for making more agar.
Recommended for ages: 8 - 12 years