Please use the menu or search for alternatives
Earth Characteristics and Mapping
In this project Pam wants to ride her bike to visit Ava, but Ava’s tree is on a very high hill. What’s more, Pam lives on the ground while Ava flies through the air, how does this affect what they see?
With this hands-on classroom kit, students look from both perspectives as they learn about maps, coordinates, and contour lines in a fun and interactive way.
Through practical activities students develop an understanding of shape, observation, and design as they map a cycle path to unite the friends!
Designed for Key Stage 1, Year 2
- Provides 80 minutes of STEM instruction over four 20 minute lessons
- Includes a lesson-by-lesson teacher guide, step-by-step student activities, homework tasks, and assessment tools, as well as the materials needed to undertake each activity
- Meets a host of National Curriculum for England (2014) attainment targets in Year 2 Science, Design and Technology, Maths, and Geography
- Involves students in the exciting world of practical STEM investigation
- Develops design skills with hands-on use of engineering steps
- Facilitates the understanding of challenging scientific and geographic concepts through fun practical exercises and visual physical models
- Demonstrates how maps can be used to solve real-world problems
Recommended for ages: 6 - 8 years