Please use the menu or search for alternatives
Beautifully crafted wooden pebbles that can be stacked, rolled and sorted.
This open-ended resource will spark imagination and provide lots of possibilities for play.
- 20 pebbles (5 x 4.5cm, 5 x 6cm 5 x 8cm 5 x 15cm).
- Ages 10 mth+
- Let the children explore the pebbles independently.
- Use as a construction resource, see if use can stack, balance roll etc. This is really good for hand-eye co-ordination skills.
- Use with other natural materials e.g. pebbles, bark and leaves for a small world scenario.
- Use as part of a treasure collection. It could be objects made of wood, circular objects, things that roll etc.
- Use in language activities. Describe the pebbles. Are they smooth, rounded, wooden natural etc.?
- Make a collection of various pebbles. Some could be smooth, shiny, small and large. Compare them.
- Young children whose schematic interests/behaviours are aligned to things that twist, roll or turn may really enjoy playing with the pebbles.
- The pebbles are a good way of introducing mathematical vocabulary. Can you find me the largest, smallest etc. How tall can you make the tower? How many pebbles did you count? Can you make a pattern?
The children will have their own great ideas. Ensure they can work on different surfaces and incorporate different resources into their play