|Pack of 25||PR5293||£49.95|
Bring realistic building to your setting with these soft, safe bricks. The size and colour of a house brick but made from strong, plastic covered foam.
Practical Pre-School Silver Award Winner 2009
The size and colour of a house brick, these pretend bricks will make children feel like real little builders. The most realistic brick on the market, they have authentic holes through the bricks and are easy for small hands to transport around your setting.Made from tough foam, they are coated in a robust water resistant plastic, making them ideal for play indoors or out.
With budgets tight, these durable bricks will make the most of learning opportunities, providing a gateway to collaborative, imaginative play.
Each brick measures L20 x H9 x D6cm.
We've had lots of fantastic ideas on how to incorporate these brilliant bricks into your setting - here are a few of our favourites:
- Mix sand and water to create a 'cement' - perfect for realistic builders site play
- Why not add a little washing-up liquid or bubble mixture to the cement for added stickiness - when it's time to pack away, simply use water to dissolve your mortar
- Use the bricks in Early Years Maths for counting - why not ask children to stack the most bricks they can, counting them as they do?
- Because they are so lightweight, you can use them as non-standard measuring units. This can be a fantastic introduction to using more standard units, especially as five bricks make up one metre.
- Explore basic building techniques such as staggering bricks to give a stronger wall
- Use in the story of the three pigs for the house made of bricks. Children can physically interact with the story by building their own houses based on their imaginations or mirroring familiar buildings
- Create pathways for remote control cars or Bee-Bot to go navigate
- Use washable paint to create 'number bricks'
- With masking tape, bamboo canes and string, create a 'building frame' for children to build around, exploring shape and space as they do so
These are just a few ideas - we know you'll think of lots more!
Recommended for ages: 3 years +